Saturday, July 28, 2007

"These are a few of my favourite things ..."

From day one, Claire has really loved her stuffed animals. They are scattered throughout the house, and seem to move on a daily, if not hourly, basis. She carries them around, hugs them, kisses them and when she's teething, bites their noses quite ferociously. I decided to gather them all in one spot for a photo; I had to deliberately set out to do this because as I mentioned, they are usually all throughout the house. Kitsya joined in for this pic.

Lately, Claire is also interested in her babies. She feeds her Chinese Cabbage Patch Kid newborn with its little bottle and even makes feeding sound-effects, much to our surprise.

Back in April, we received a little push / riding car from friends. It's been a big favourite of Claire's ever since. Before she could walk on her own, she spent literally hours walking back and forth holding on to that car. She also loves crazy rides on it from her daddy, with wild manouvers that include wheelies and donuts. When we first received the car, Claire's feet didn't touch the ground on either side. As you'll see in the photo I've posted, she now reaches the ground! I have video of her on the car in the early days but not a photo; otherwise, I'd post an old and a new photo side by side for comparison.


Another big fave is Claire's musical chair from Uncle Randy, Auntie Cindy and their kids. She loves its little songs and I think she looks really cute sitting on the chair. (ps - for anyone with eagle-eyes, you may notice in this pic that Claire's hair looks like it is dyed. I have no idea why it shows up two-tone like this but I can assure you, I didn't dye my 15-month old baby's hair!)

5 comments:

Shea said...

Holy cow, look at the stuffies!! I'll bet Claire has a few favourites in the mix. Isn't it amazing how much stuff kids have when you put it in one pile? I don't know what I'd do without Caia's push cars. Hands down, the most valuable toy in our house. I can't believe how long Claire's pigtails are getting.

Kim said...

Love the car and the little chair..
We will not have too many stuffed animals in this house.. because I have a feeling the dogs will have the stuffing all over the house..
Claire's hair is getting really long..
Have a GREAT Sunday..
Kim

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I also noticed how long Claire's hair looks with those ponytails!

Now that's a lot of stuffed animals! What a great collection.

I can't see the red hair on my computer. Wonder what Claire would look like as a red head???

Rae said...

Claire's hair seems to have grown 2 inches since your last post! She has such nice piggies. Bryn's hair sometimes has a reddish tinge in the sunlight...I wonder where that comes from?

It's good to see someone else has a huge stuffed animal collection...I'll have to point this out to Girard (who thinks Bryn has waaay too many!)

Kath said...

Claire has some pretty great toys and very lovely outfits. Her hair is getting long and looks thick. Maeve's is still pretty short and kind of thin.

My hair has always had red undertones to it also. They are especially noticable in the sun. Not really the jet black that people expect. It must be a southern Chinese thing.