Thursday, July 05, 2007

Splash pool pals

To stay cool on a 30-plus degree day, Beth and I decided to meet at the legislature splash pools with the kids. We had a gorgeous morning together, complete with splashing, walking, lounging and snacking.

Ava was the intrepid explorer as always (although she never ceases to amaze me with her fearlessness). Claire wasn't as sure about the splash pool as the last time I took her; she barely wanted to move once I got her standing in the pool. That said, she seemed to enjoy standing while hitting the water with her hands.

Ava is a nurturing soul! Here she is feeding Claire.












Claire with Helena, Ava's big sister. Helena travelled with us in China and we all think she is the best big sister ever!






6 comments:

Rae said...

I love seeing the girls together, especially when the best big sister ever is there too! It looks like all of the bathing beauties had a great day in the sun...I wish we could have joined you!

Shea said...

What a great picture of Helena and Claire. What a perfect way to spend a hot afternoon. The girls look so cute in their swimsuits. I'm sure the moms enjoyed the day as much as the kids!

Beth said...

Yes, we did have a good time. I am admittedly jealous of your gatherings and it was nice to spend some quality time with Monica and Claire. It is a great venue, grass, shade, shallow water. Big sis was so excited to see M and C ! She wishes everyone lived closer too, always commenting on that. Loves to see all the girls on the blog, although she's too lazy to comment herself most of the time:) They are great pics Monica!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

As usual, we love seeing our Xinyu sisters together, but wish we could be there too. Kennedy spotted the pictures and said "bayyyybeeeeee". Then she leaned over and kissed the computer screen!

Helena, you look so different without your glasses! We love seeing you on the blog too!

Hugs to you all! xo

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I just realized that I left a message to Helena on the wrong blog....oh well, Beth, if you're reading, please pass it along!

Blog overload, I think :)

Beth said...

No problem Carolyn, I read all of them every day anyway. I'll pass the message along.