Thursday, June 14, 2007

We've got a walker on our hands!

After more than a month of taking a few unassisted steps to me or back and forth between Paul and I, Claire is now officially walking! She took her first little walk tonight before Paul got home from work. The first video clip below captures one of her first little excursions. When Paul got home, she really showed off her moves (see the second clip)!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Had I known this would be a momentous evening, I would have put Claire's pants back on after her diaper change.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


On a totally unrelated note, I'll be absent from the blogging world for the next 10 days, while Claire and I visit family and a couple of Claire's Xinyu sistas in Saskatchewan. Tune in again in late June for some major catch-up blogging!

p.s. - Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

6 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Heck, she's not walking she's RUNNING! Way to go Claire. I know people say not to rush the walking thing, but I gotta believe that's easier than the holding the finger thing. Looking forward to Kennedy being able to walk independently...I think!

Have a great trip to Saskatchewan. I'm so jealous. Wish we could fly out there and join you all!

Rae said...

Yay, Claire! Wow, when you decided to take off you really went all out! We can't wait until next week when we can see this in person!

And, Carolyn, there's still time to book a flight...

Beth said...

Seriously, I had tears. Just look at that little girl go! Get your running shoes on parents. She could be a track star in the making. I'm jealous too, perhaps I should be buying lotto tickets?
PS Is Papa going to be by his lonesome or does he get to go too?

Monica said...

Paul will be with us for the weekend. Can't be without Daddy on his first Father's Day!

Shea said...

It still amazes me to see that little body moving like that. I'm with Carolyn, that I keep thinking it'll be easier when they finally do walk. But I'm sure they'll find so many new things to investigate that I'll soon eat my words.

Can't wait to see you next week!!

Gigglestuff said...

Aewsome clips -- so glad we can share in seeing the first steps! and there sure are a lot of steps too!!!