Thursday, May 10, 2007

Our little beauty

I have to remind myself to tell Claire not only how beautiful she is but also how smart, funny, and loving she is ... but wow, she's a little beauty! (What parent doesn't feel that way, though?!)

Here she is in the little red and white blouse my Grandma Pauline made for my older sister, Stephanie. I wore it too when I was little. Mom told me that Grandma Pauline made big sister / little sister outfits from this material for her daughter Carol and my mom in the 50s and then Grandma Pauline made this blouse with remnants several years later.








The little brown teddy bear in the picture is also from Grandma Pauline - a birthday present for Claire. When it arrived by mail, it still had the wonderful smell of smoke from the wood-burning stove in her home.








3 comments:

Xue said...

Claire is so striking cute! Love the blouse and teddy.

Rae said...

I think some of the most special gifts are those from the past...how very lucky (and beautiful) Claire is.

xxoo

Beth said...

Wow, that closeup is wall worthy! It really does show all her beauty. It just shines through!