Wednesday, May 09, 2007

First Canadian tooth cutting and other tidbits

Just when we thought it may never happen, Claire cut her first tooth since we received her! She now has a grand total of three teeth. It's on the top, just to the side of the front teeth. It appeared today and is still just a glimpse of a tooth but we're relieved.

My mom arrived from Saskatoon yesterday with a couple of things that belonged to my sister and me when we were little: a cute little blouse our grandma made as well as a baby bonnet. Here's Claire trying the bonnet on for size, while my mom watches in amusement.














I think Claire is pretty close to walking now. Last week for the first time ever, she took her hands from mine as I assisted her in walking towards me. She stood still for a good five seconds and then took a few quick steps to me. She now likes to practice balancing while cruising furniture or holding my hands - she'll get her balance and then just lift her hands off. She also loves going up our stairs - all the time! - but of course has no clue how to get down and has no patience with me when I try to show her.

Lately, I try to be upstairs when Paul is due home from work so that Claire can wait for him at the front door. He loves the reception he gets from her, because she squeals and waves like crazy. I managed to get a short clip of it today. I'm posting it especially for Paul's mom and dad - I know they'll love it!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

4 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Oh, I love that! Brings tears to my eyes...

Congratulations on another tooth Claire!!

And way to go with the walking, big girl!

xox from PEI

Beth said...

That clip is so great. She sure loves her daddy! The bonnet is cute too. Hope to see you for a bit tomorrow.

Shea said...

I love the bonnet, and all the memories it holds. How special that your mom could be there when Claire first wore the bonnet. Have a great week with grandma!

Rae said...

That's just adorable! I agree with Carolyn...the videos always bring a tear to my eye.

xxoo