Sunday, May 13, 2007

A most wonderful Mother's Day

I feel very fortunate to have spent my first Mother's Day with my daughter and my mom.

Mom, Paul, Claire and I started the day with church, while Stu stayed back and made a yummy quiche for us. (Who says real men don't eat - or cook - quiche?) We then spent the afternoon at the zoo, where Claire especially enjoyed the bunnies and monkeys.

As a Mother's Day gift, I received pearls! Pearly whites, that is. Claire cut another tooth yesterday, which I am thrilled about. It's her left front top tooth, and I think I can see the white of her other front tooth through the gums so it must not be far behind. It's hard to imagine Claire with a more toothy smile but I bet it will be super-cute!


Here's Mom, Claire and I this morning. (Notice the finger in her mouth - I think she's working on her first year molars too!)










We celebrated Mother's Day today but honestly, every day with Claire is Mother's Day. And Daughter's Day ... and Father's Day ... and Family Day.





I hope Claire likes flowers as much as I do! Here, it looks like a strong possibility!

4 comments:

Rae said...

It sounds like you had the perfect Mother's Day.
Though you're right....every day is mother's day.

Shea said...

I love the photos. How beautiful that you could spend the day with your daughter and your mom!

Beth said...

Beautiful pics Monica! You're not going to believe this, but I think our girls wore the same dress on Sunday!! I couldn't see very well from the pic, is it the children's place linen one with the ribbons coming down into bows? It's the same one Roshandra had on in one of their photos too! Good to hear those toothies are finally showing themselves!

Monica said...

Yep, that's the same dress! I'd been admiring it for a long time and finally with all the sales going on, I snapped it up for about $8, guilt-free!