Monday, November 26, 2007

Something some fans wait decades for ...

... and lucky Claire got to experience a Saskatchewan Roughriders Grey Cup victory her very first year in Canada!

We watched the game with another "owner" Rod and his wife Marianne. Here's the crew looking nervous and tense as the game begins. Note: even Ryder the dog looks worried.
Marianne and Claire did their best to ham it up and ease the boys' tension!
And finally, the Riders became number 1 in the league!
The post-game victory parade:

Check out Claire's little Gainer the Gopher hat. Rod and Marianne gave it to us for Claire back in September of 2005 when we became paper-pregnant. I think they were happy that Clarie wore it with such pride (and actually kept it on) yesterday.

5 comments:

Rae said...

I think with a start like this and her Dad as an influence, Claire will turn into a huge Riders fan! She looks so cute in her hat.

Great game! I'm not usually into football but even I found it exciting.

Kim said...

How fun...
Love the pictures...
Claire is tooo cute riding the victory ride with the cute little hat...
Have a Great Evening.
Kim

Beth said...

I adore that photo with Marianne, such unbridled joy! I have a game pic of Ava with Daddy too. Great victory ride!

Shea said...

I love seeing that Rider pride in Alberta! Talk about a tense game, though. I love Claire's hat. Great timing, with this being Claire's first Grey Cup. I'm trying to find a championship shirt for Caia. Wish me luck...

Karla said...

Loving your posts and your updates ... AnnaLeisa is so intrigued by the videos and just says "more, more" and we love to see Claire over and over. Hope to see you over the holidays?
I did not even know there was a game let alone who was playing.... dare I say that?
cio
Karla