Saturday, November 24, 2007

'Tis the season

We've had an action-packed weekend so far, full of winter and holiday activities. Last night, our city's bright lights display held its annual pedestrian night, the only opportunity to see the display on foot. We walked it for the first time ever, anxious to see what Claire would think of it. Apparently, not much! She didn't seem overly enthused until we took her out of her stroller for the last little while.

Today, Claire had her first wagon ride and visit with Santa at our community centre. Again, I'm not sure if she enjoyed either very much but she certainly seemed intrigued. After Santa gave her a pencil and a sticker, I think she felt a lot better about him!

5 comments:

Rae said...

It must have been so nice walk through the light display. I bet it really put you in the spirit!

I'm very impressed to see Claire sitting on Santa's knee! Good for her for being so brave. I have a feeling we won't have a Bryn and Santa photo this year, or if we do she might not have a very happy look on her face.

Have you put up your tree yet?

Monica said...

Paul's birthday is on December 1st and it's a rule around our house not to decorate for Christmas until after his birthday - so no tree yet! But you can bet that on December 2nd, we'll have it up.

Beth said...

How lovely you got to do that with her! Someday I'd like to do the walkthrough too, we're lucky we actually make it to drive through. I'm anxious to see what little miss will think of all that too. maybe big sis can do Santa with her and take the edge off. H's first one with Santa has her crying. What can you do?
Happy Bday to Paul next week if I forget.

Kim said...

Looks very pretty...
How neat..
She will enjoy one year...
Looks like it is "FREEZING" there...
Looks like Claire wasn't scared of Santa though..
That is a good thing..
Love the pictures...
Have a Great Week
Kim

Shea said...

I like the look Claire is giving Santa. I'm impressed she sat with him so well.

The gold jacket is very pretty, and reminds me of China. I guess we'll have to call Claire, Kennedy and Caia the Old Navy triplets with the same jacket! Although funny that we each have a different colour.