Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Easter baking

I have wonderful childhood memories of baking with my mom, and I hope to create the same sort of warm memories for Claire. To that end, she and I did some Easter baking this week. We made sugar cookies using my favourite recipe - my mom's of course!

Claire loves mixing things! This is her little nook in our kitchen.
Claire was pretty good at rolling the dough! (Okay, she didn't do all of that.)
Claire was really excited to cut the cookies using Easter shapes - especially the lamb which she referred to as ba ba dee (ba ba black sheep).
Claire had to try everything I did. She was probably about as good with this as I was!
Claire's favourite part of all was putting the sprinkles on the cookies ... and in her mouth. I love how her little hand looks digging into the sprinkles bowl.
Claire's little apron from our friend Marianne has bunnies on it so it was the perfect accessory for our Easter baking!

5 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Great job, Claire!
I love that picture of her on the cupboard, bare toes, stirring away!!
I, too, often think about the things that stand out from my childhood and the memories that I want to make with kennedy. I think the age of our children really makes us aware of that now.

Your cookies look delicious, Claire. Yum!!

Kim said...

HOW FUN!!!
I want to come and bake with Claire...
She did a WONDERFUL Job...
LOVE IT!!!
Have a Great Week..

Shea said...

Great childhood memories for me as well! What a great day of baking. Claire's going to be quite the baker someday. I really miss being home and having more time to bake and prepare for holidays. Maybe we'll do some Easter baking at Easter. I'm motivated now.

Beth said...

Too sweet. I think I see a future pastry chef there! What a grownup girl you are Claire, such a great helper. I bet Ava would be into those sprinkles too Claire. Who could blame you?

Rae said...

So cute! Claire looks so tiny sitting on the cupboard and she looks like she's having tons of fun decorating her cookies!

We haven't attempted baking with a helper here yet, but we may have to as it looks like lots of fun. Though I have a feeling Bryn wouldn't be as good of a helper as Claire is. :)

Isn't it wonderful to be making memories like this with our own girls?