Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A sweet afternoon

Our friend Marianne doesn't do anything part-way. So, when she invited us over to decorate a gingerbread house she had made Claire, I should have known how deluxe everything would be. But even then, I think she would have surpassed my expectations!

She baked the most wonderful house for Claire, complete with figures for our little family: Daddy (shockingly pantless, in his opinion), Mama in an elegant ensemble, a gorgeous little Claire and even a teeny Kitsya. Then came the tray with a bunch of bowls containing a dazzling array of candy, cookies and other treats specially chosen to not set off my choking paranoia. And then last but not least, a little sippy cup and a denim apron for Claire, both with gingerbread men on them.

Here is the crew before decorating began. As you can see, Claire is already eating.
It's a good thing my mom was there to help decorate the house, because I was so busy licking icing off my fingers and taking pictures that I wouldn't have made it very far decorating on my own. Claire's main contribution, other than motivating us with her cuteness, was to diminish the supply of candy to put on the house by stuffing it in her mouth. In many, many of our pictures, she has her hand in a candy bowl with a mouth already stuffed full.

Even after we were finished decorating, Claire couldn't stop eating. I love this last photo for two reasons: (1) it shows off her adorable apron and (2) it shows she's still going for the sweets!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Could you be any luckier? What great friends! I love hearing about Claire eating the candy, and wow does she remind me of Ava in that pic with her eyes closed and stuffing her mouth with the candy! And she looks so grown up in that photo. Absolutely loved all of the the pics. I feel like I was there (except for no taste of icing in my mouth:)

Rae said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Friends like that are so very special and also very rare...you're so fortunate to have them in your lives.

The photos are wonderful and Claire looks so sweet in her little apron with her hand in the candy bowl. We're going to be decorating our little house soon, though it's not nearly as elaborate as Marianne's creation!

Kim said...

How fun!!!!!
Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time...What great friends to actually bake the house.. that is some talent.. I love the pictures... Claire is adorable in her little denim apron..
Have a Great Weekend..

Shea said...

How cute! Claire looks adorable with her pigtails and apron. She sure loves the sweets, which makes the pictures that much cuter. It's good to see she appreciated Marianne's efforts.

Gigglestuff said...

Wow, that looked like a fun time!