Saturday, October 20, 2007

Uncle Geoff stops by for a visit

My brother Geoff from Vancouver stopped by for a couple of days this week on his way back home from Saskatchewan. This was Claire's first real chance to get to know Geoff (there were so many people around at Thanksgiving when she met him for the first time), and it was obvious she adored him. He really helped me out a lot too: he played with her while I made dinner and did things around the house. The whole time they played, I could hear her squealing with delight and then laughing deep belly-laughs.

There are very few pictures of me as a kid where Geoff is not in the picture also, with an arm around me. As a kid, I always loved his attention (and luckily, I got a lot of it!). I'm grateful that Claire now gets to experience the fun of Uncle Geoff, just like I did.

The photo of Claire and her Uncle Geoff was taken at the beautiful new Chinese garden here in town. We explored it the other day and Claire totally loved it!

Me as a toddler with big bro Geoff.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I love that when you find pics from your childhood. His stance is the same even though the heights are now vastly different. I sometimes envy when you talk about your big family, me being an only child. I know it's only "you always want what you don't have" and I had lots of opportunities because of my status, but it's still fun to hear about all your memories. Claire is a lucky ducky to have all those aunties and uncles who will dote on her!:)

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

So nice for Claire to spend time with uncle Geoff! Love that picture of the two of you together. Makes me think of my little brother...he's in BC and hasn't been here to meet K yet. I miss him so much and cannot wait for Kennedy to play with him.

Kim said...

How fun!!!!
Glad to hear that your brother could come by for a few days...
Looks like the garden is very pretty.
Love the pictures...
Kim

Rae said...

I love photos of little kids walking and holding hands with grownups.
It sounds like you and Geoff have always been close and now it's carrying on down to Claire. She's a very lucky ducky!
The new Chinese garden looks lovely. Hopefully winter will stay away for awhile so you have more opportunities to explore it!