Friday, June 06, 2008

Fun times with Grandma

During our nearly two-week stay at my mom's house, Claire, Mom and I were pretty much inseparable. It was great to spend so much time with my mom - something I hadn't done since my university, pre-marriage days. Claire really loved it too (and not just because of all the great outdoor toys!).

Soon after Claire and I "moved in", my mom witnessed Claire's stripping tendencies. For quite some time now, Claire will all of a sudden declare she's hot and strip down to her diaper. Mom thinks that Claire looks like Mowgli from the Jungle Book when she has only her diaper on so that became her nickname whenever she stripped:

As usual, my mom made some of my favourite meals during our visit. One of them is pizza. I love how happy Claire and Mom look in the photo below as they spread out the pizza dough. It was really cute to watch Claire help Grandma spread out the dough because Claire kept glancing at my Mom's hands to see whether to kneed, press, pinch, etc.

In the photo below, Claire was sitting opposite my Mom when suddenly something my mom said struck Claire as absolutely hilarious. You can always tell Claire thinks something is particularly funny when she covers her mouth as she laughs. I wish I could remember what Mom said ...
Claire and Mom in the meditation garden at the Forestry Farm:
Mom also got to meet Rae, Girard and Bryn, as well as Darlene (grandma to Caia, whom Mom had already met). I couldn't resist snapping a few photos of the proud grandmas together with the girls:
Stay tuned for another post coming to a blog near you (yeah, this one) featuring Grandma and Claire at the Berry Barn!

Thanks for hosting us, Mom!

3 comments:

Rae said...

It must have been a wonderful time for all three of you. One-on-one-on-one time!

The pix of Claire covering her mouth and laughing is priceless! And what a great photo of the two grandmas.

It was great to meet your mom, she's a wonderful lady and Bryn is still talking about her and all her neat toys!

Shea said...

Aw, what a nice photo of the grandmas together. Mom will love it. She really enjoyed the morning with you and your mom, Monica. I'm amazed the girls were both wearing clothes in that photo. Between Claire and her stripping, and Caia's desire to only wear pajamas, I was expecting a totally different picture!

It must have been nice to really spend time with your mom. My mom and I are so close that I can't imagine not seeing her every day. I love watching Caia with her grandma, and I'm sure it was the same for you.

Kath said...

How great that the three of you could spend so much time together. Claire looks like she adores Grandma.

I love the Jungle Book photo.

A lovely photo of your mom with Darlene and the girls too.