Friday, June 06, 2008

Becoming tradition ...

Claire, Mom and I visited the Berry Barn near Saskatoon last year as well as this one. We think it may have to be our little tradition whenever Claire and I can manage a holiday in Saskatoon.

This year's annual pic:


Last year's pic in the same location (with my brother Richard):
Claire kept steering us back to this swing. After a while I couldn't go on it anymore (motion sickness!) but Mom happily kept swinging with Claire.

The Saskatoon berry bushes were all in bloom when we were there. Claire loved running between the rows of bushes:
Claire with the South Saskatchewan River behind her. I think our little Jiangxi-born, Alberta-raised girl is really a Saskatchewan girl at heart just like her mama.
And this, after so very many posts, concludes our Saskatchewan story. Whew, I'm tired. Now I can finally get to our laundry ...

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love the pictures...Looks like you had sooo much fun...
Can't believe how much she has changed in a year...
Have a Great Weekend..

Rae said...

Thanks for sharing your vacation memories with us. As usual, your photos are all beautiful and I loved every one of them.

I'm a bit relieved to hear you were suffering from motion sickness on the swing. We were at Kinsmen Park a few weeks ago and the merry-go-round just about did me in! And ring-around-the-rosey isn't much better.

Hope you manage to catch up on your laundry soon and have a good rest. :)

Shea said...

The Berry Barn is one of my favourite places. I feel happy whenever we go, and I think it's the perfect spot to enjoy lunch with grandma.

Claire looks so teeny running through the bushes. I love that photo. I like the idea of an annual photo with grandma too.

Kath said...

Berry nice photos! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Claire sure has grown in the year between Berry Barn photos. Grandma couldn't look happier.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation! I can't get over how wonderful Claire is for the camera. I can't seem to get a decent shot, ever!

Looks like the Xinyu girls had a blast too. Wish we were there!

xo