Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Baby skates!

Paul came across a web site for baby-sized skates recently (www.babyskates.com), and never one to pass up an exciting purchase, I ordered a pair for Claire, along with all the safety gear. We received the package today and we are sooo excited for Claire to try her beautiful new skates out. I'd take her skating tomorrow afternoon but since Paul will probably want to be there for the inaugural 'skate', it'll probably be the weekend instead. Watch for photos next week of the momentous event!

ps - in case you are wondering, I don' t have aspirations of Claire being an Olympic skater - I'm just trying the skating thing early because I think it would be one more fun activity for us to do together.


8 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I'm heading over to babyskates.com right now!! I want a pair for K. I cannot wait to see video of Claire gliding across the ice!!

Beth said...

You first-timers are sooo cute! My poor girl hasn't got a hope of getting any of those! I wouldn't know half this stuff existed if it weren't for you:) I will admit to some Children's Place purchasing last week, though. Helena needs black pants for choir and we've been everywhere. When we hit CP we found matching leopard skirts and two kinds of shirts that match so I got sucked in. With H being so big we hardly ever find anything that matches anymore. But the deals were soooo good I didn't feel too guilty. Keep sending all those cool things. I love to look at them and I those skating pics better be up quick:)!!

Rae said...

Thanks for sharing yet another shopping tip, Monica! I'll be heading over there right now, too.

Make sure to post that skating video as soon as you can. Maybe Paul could call in sick tomorrow so you can go before the weekend. ;-)

Rae said...

In my excitement to check out the skates I forgot to mention how adorable they are and how cute they look on Claire's little feet!

Kim said...

YEAH....
I just want you to know that we Ice Skated all of winters...
My parents have a pond and we went all the time...
SOOO Much FUN>..
Can't wait for the pictures...
Kim

Shea said...

I didn't think it was possible to find skates so tiny, especially for Miss Claire! I look forward to seeing pics/video of her on the ice. She looks like she's all ready!

Kath said...

How adorable! Can't wait to see the video. Maybe she'll be a pint sized ice dancer and dazzle us all with her fancy footwork.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Hey, I just noticed the blades are engraved with her name and date. Love that! Did you do that yourself or was that an option when you bought them. I'm trying to talk Marv into getting a pair for her...he's pretty soft when it comes to his girly, so I'm thinking we'll be orderin' 'em up soon!