Sunday, July 22, 2007

Picnic with Yulin

Yulin, the coordinator of our trip to China, was in town for a picnic today. We had a happy reunion with her (albeit a brief one - everyone wanted to talk with her!), and enjoyed visiting with others who have used FOI for their trip. We know several families through a bi-weekly playgroup we belong to, but it's rare to have all parents together so it was good to catch up with everyone.

Here's Paul, Claire and I with Yulin












Claire's latest funny face. I think it's related to teething.










I guess sitting on your watermelon container is one way to get around sharing!

4 comments:

Rae said...

How nice you got to see Yulin again! I doubt we'll ever be fortunate enough to have an FOI picnic in Saskatchewan, though we do have monthly gatherings here to catch up with people so we're very lucky to have that opportunity.

I love Claire's dress, Bryn has the same one in brown!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Isn't it nice to get together with other families who've been through the same process? We have a small group here, but I do my very best to get to all the planned outings. I think it's important for Kennedy and so much fun for us! Love Claire's toothy grin...I wish I could just pick her up and hug her! Great pic with Yulin too!

Shea said...

I'm glad you were able to see Yulin again, and have an updated photo with her. We are lucky to be part of adoption communities in our cities. I think that will be of greater importance as our girls get older.

Paddy said...

Ah, so Claire's an innovator ...

Maeve has yet to think up the 'sit on my container of food/toys' solution to the persistant problem of people taking her stuff away from her.

Clearly Claire's borrowing a page from Newton, and applying the force of gravity (and a well-directed diapered derriere) to the situation!

Greetings to e-Claire's Mom and Dad from Maeve's Baba :)