Monday, July 02, 2007

Claire's big day


Yesterday, July 1, Claire was baptized. Claire was an angel during the ceremony and only acted up a bit when I had to dip her over the font so that the priest could drop some water on her head. She grabbed my dress tightly and did her best to climb back up. The congregation laughed while she squirmed and I struggled to keep her in position.

We were honoured to have Paul's brother Dorian and his wife Sylvie there as Claire's godparents. We also invited my mom, my brother Stu and Paul's parents. We decided to keep the baptism as a small family celebration so that our out-of-town family would get a really good visit with Claire-bear, which they did. Thank you, Dorian and Sylvie, for already being wonderful godparents, and thank you Mom, Stu, Joanne and Wally for sharing in Claire's big day. Each of you in your own way made it a special day for Claire.

4 comments:

Rae said...

Congratulations on your big day, Claire. You look absolutely lovely!

Big hugs from all of us.

Shea said...

What a beautiful dress! What a big day for Claire--baptism and her first Canada Day! July 1st will always hold special meaning.

My Goddaughter graduated grade 8 last week. I sat there with tears in my eyes as they presented the slideshow, with photos of the kids since birth. How can time pass that quickly? It's a special relationship between Godparent and child, and Claire is lucky to have that.

Beth said...

She does look lovely! Where did you get the dress? I love the last closeup, so pretty with the flowers.
Blessings to you Claire.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Congratulations on your baptism, Claire! You look so beautiful. Wow! Her hair is really growing. I absolutely love the picture of her with the Canadian flag. Too cute she is!