Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our watermelon baby

I've always loved all things watermelon: the actual fruit, outdoor placemats, napkins, fun little home decore items, etc. Imagine my excitement when I saw this dress at Winners! I knew immediately that I had to have it for Claire (despite my self-imposed "no more shopping for baby clothes" rule). That very same day, I found matching socks at the Gap.

I think my shopoholic ways date back to when we were in China with clothes that were all too big for Claire. I felt so sad that everything I had brought was so huge on her that when we got home and I needed to stock up on size 3-6 months clothing, I REALLY stocked up. And then spring / summer came and of course she needed more clothing for the warmer season. But now, I really am done. Truly. I think ...


I love the back view of her little dress too!

5 comments:

Rae said...

Rules are meant to be broken, especially the no more shopping for baby clothes rule! What a beautiful dress and what a great photo.

Are you really sure you're done shopping? You know the summer clearance sales are on, don't you? ;-)

Kath said...

OMG! What a cutie pie. There is no way you could have resisted that dress.

I've been hitting the summer clearance sales hoping that Maeve will actually fit into 24 month stuff next summer. So far it is not looking good as she hasn't grown much since we got her 5 (almost 6) months ago.

Kim said...

I love it...
The back view has got to be the cutest..
All the clothes I have bought are mainly 12-24 months..
So that I don't buy to many that will not fit her..
I hope I get to buy 3-6 months..
Have a great week with that darling little girl.
Kim

Kim said...

Monica can you send me an email..I wanted to send Claire something I found today when I was shopping..
It is cute..
Can she wear 24 months or is that too big?
jbison@cox.net
Kim

Shea said...

That is the cutest dress! I love the colour, style, everything. I think you have a little fashion model on your hands, the way she's modelling for the photos.

I'm trying very hard to have tunnel vision when I'm in the mall, and not even enter the baby stores. But I agree with Rae, with the summer sales we need to start stocking up for next summer. And we don't know exactly what size they'll be wearing, so we need to buy a variety. What a chore!! :)