Monday, June 02, 2008

Baba Dido's house

Claire hasn't begun using the conjunction "and" yet, so the title of this post is how she refers to Paul's parent's place.

Paul's dad put in a swing for Claire just in time for this visit and wow, did she love it! During our two weeks in Saskatoon, she must have spent hours in it. Paul's dad loves to swing her high and it suited Claire just fine - the wilder the better.

Here's a still shot of Claire enjoying the ride, followed by a video of one of Claire giggling during a wild ride.


Quieter times at Paul's parent's place involved us sitting around the fire enjoying each other's company, or simply watching Claire have fun. Since she's really into mail lately, she and Paul's mom, Joanne, had a lot of fun "typing" up notes and then delivering mail to everyone around the camp fire. At one point, Joanne prepared some mail for Claire but pretended she couldn't find her. Meanwhile, Claire was jumping up and down saying, "Me! Me! Me!" "Here I is, here I is!". I'm giggling just thinking about it again. Paul's mom always enjoys reading to Claire. When I took the following photo, I couldn't help but remember another photo, taken in June of 2007. I've posted the older photo below the latest one for comparison purposes. I can't believe how Claire has changed from a baby to a big girl in just a year.

We spent our first weekend in Saskatoon at "Baba Dido's house" and then moved over to my mom's until May 30th after Paul flew home on the Sunday of the long weekend. For our final weekend in Saskatoon, Paul flew back in and he and I (no Claire!) spent the weekend celebrating our wedding anniversary in a hotel while Claire spent two nights without us at Baba and Dido's. She had never spent a night away from me but she did really, really well. We saw her during the day and I could tell she was all right so it wasn't traumatic for me either. It actually worked out better than I could have ever expected. Thanks again, Joanne and Wally, for taking great care of Claire!

4 comments:

Shea said...

I love the pic of Claire and Baba. I think that needs to be an annual photo. What a difference a year makes!

That's a great photo of Claire on the swing. Pure joy. I'm glad she felt comfortable with Baba and Dido so mom and dad were able to celebrate their anniversary in style.

Rae said...

What a great video! I don't think I've heard Claire laugh so hard. She obviously isn't afraid of the swing. Go, Claire!

It's amazing how much they change in a year. So cool to have the two pictures to compare. Yep, there's an annual photo!

Rae said...

I forgot to congratulate you on your anniversary! And congratulations to Claire, too, for staying alone with her baba dido!

Kath said...

Happy Anniversay!

What a wonderful trip you had. It looks and sounds like Claire was right at home with your families. How great that you got to spend so much time with them.

What a confident young lady to spend two nights without Mom and Dad! Good for you Claire.