Monday, February 11, 2008

Slurp!

I turned our blog into a book! I used a company called blurb. It provides free software that "slurps" your blog and then allows you to format or revise the contents before uploading your "published" book to blurb's site to turn into a book. Here's the Web address in case anyone is interested: http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook?tag=1_sf

I decided to include only the first 100 posts or so, with the intention to create at least one more volume. It was really easy although I was disappointed that blurb can't slurp comments from Blogger (it can from other platforms). I was able to add the comments manually, though, so I was still satisfied. It's 164 pages in total, with several pages taken up entirely by photographs.

We received e-Claire, Volume 1 today, and I am thrilled! I had no idea how it would turn out, but for $48 plus shipping, I couldn't be happier. I'm not sure how much Claire will appreciate the book; however, I know I'll treasure it (and any subsequent volumes) for the photos of and tidbits about our little girl, as well as the record the book provides of the friendships with our travel-mates that we nurtured through blogging.

As soon as I unwrapped the book, Claire immediately started paging through it:

5 comments:

Shea said...

Perfect! I definitely want to do this with our blog. I guess I could get started on the first volume. It looks like a great finished product. It's too bad the comments can't be automatically copied, but I do want to include them. The price is better than I was expecting.

Beth said...

I can't wait to see it in person. Looks very cool.

Rae said...

That is so neat! What a great book and a wonderful keepsake for Claire!

I have no idea where you guys come up with all this stuff but I'm so glad you do! All I have to do is follow along with Monica and Shea and all my shopping is done. Hopefully one of these days I'll come up with an original idea!

Kim said...

OMG!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!
That is a GREAT idea...
I will have to save this link...
Claire is sooo cute..
How is the new dossier coming along...
When are you going to be LID..??
Hugs to you...

Kath said...

Great find! We were thinking that we'd have to do a huge copy, paste and layout job to get our blog in a book form. This is definitely easier!

Thanks for sharing. Your book looks great and I'm sure it will get poured over a million times over the years.