Friday, February 23, 2007

Settling in

Last night we went to see our friends, Rod and Marianne, and Claire really charmed them. I think she misses being around other people, so we've got to keep up our visits. Today, Paul's parents are coming up from Saskatoon to see their first grandchild for the first time and I know they can't wait! We can't either.

Despite jet lag, adjusting to the time zone and our head colds, we managed to get Claire's health card and social insurance number issued this week, all in her Canadian name. Paul was the one out taking care of this and it sounds like it wasn't too much of a hassle. We also went shopping! Claire was far too big for all the 6 - 12 mos clothing we had in China for her, so equipped with my handy gift cards from friends at work, we got her several gorgeous new outfits that fit her perfectly. I've also rememied the lack of appropriately-sized footwear: she now has four pairs of shoes and I'm sure there will be more.







Marianne, me, Claire and Rod







Getting her daily exercise




Showing off one of her new outfits

2 comments:

Shea said...

I love her new clothes! What a whirlwind week. We had a great time with you in China, and I hope to see you in Saskatoon, or when we're in Edmonton.

Have a great weekend with the grandparents!

Shea and Caia

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Hello,
We are in N.B and just found your page on FOI bloglog. Wow, your little one is beautiful. Congrats!
You look like you had a great trip.
All the best at this happy time,
Andrea