Monday, March 17, 2008

Claire meets another set of honourary grandparents

Good family friends Dennis and Elaine were in town this weekend for a trade show / conference, and we were thrilled to be able to finally introduce them to Claire. For those who may remember from one of my earliest posts, Elaine is the one who made the adorable care bears for Claire and me. They (E and D that is, not the bears) also happen to be the parents of Kelley, one of my best friends, so you can imagine how much I saw them growing up. It was nice to finally have them over for a meal after all the dinners I enjoyed at their home!

Claire was just recovering from being ill so she wasn't her usual self. However, she warmed up quickly after dinner when Elaine demonstrated her exceptional Play-doh skills.



Before long, they were sharing laughs and hugs like old friends.Claire even invited Dennis for tea, which he kindly obliged. Elaine and Dennis have several grandkids of their own and it shows!Thank you, Elaine and Dennis, for visiting with us! As always, we had a wonderful time with you! We'll do our best to get to Humboldt for a visit soon!

6 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Great pictures! So nice that you could entertain them when they've no doubt opened their door to you over the years.

I must say, I love Claire's hair in that last picture. I'm really debating what to do with Kennedy's...whether to cut those bangs or leave it as is. I'd be so much easier just to comb and go rather than always need bows and ponies...

And isn't play-doh just the best invention ever??

Beth said...

I just can't get enough of those scrunchy face laughing pics. So nice they could see Claire in her home environment. I'm sure they were thrilled. Since I've eaten at your place I know the meal was yummy!

Kim said...

Looks like a Wonderful time...
Love the tea time...
Claire's hair is getting long..
Have a Great Week..

Rae said...

How lucky for Claire to have honourary grandparents to share her play-doh and tea with. And by the looks of the hugs you were giving out, you really are a care bear, Claire!

I agree with Carolyn, I love Claire's hair. How many times have you had it cut now?

Monica said...

We've had Claire's hair cut twice now (mostly in the back to even it out with the front), and several bang trims - probably about five.

I can't imagine how long it would be in the back if we hadn't cut it. It seems so long now as it is!

Shea said...

Great photos of Elaine and Claire. Claire really took to them!

I can't believe how long Claire's hair looks in the last photo. Wow!