Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Claire's birthday celebration, part 2: outfit change and gifts

Our gift to Claire was a jade pendant with her lunar animal (a dog) depicted on it. We were told that it is a tradition in China to give this as a gift to a child on their first year (or month?) birthday but I haven't verified this story yet - for all I know it was made up to entice us to shop or else I remembered it wrong.

Anyway, because of the necklace (and also the icing on her outfit), we played dress-up some more and put her in a little red silk dress we got for her in China.

Here's Claire mid-outfit change when she accepted a call from Grandma W.












Claire with her new necklace











1 comment:

Shea said...

I love the necklace. How fitting for a girl born in the Year of the Dog! I recall the same story about jade as a gift for a baby's first birthday. Her red dress is beautiful.