Monday, March 12, 2007

On our own again (sort of)

Mom returned to Saskatoon yesterday after having spent 10 great days with us. We had a wonderful visit together and it was perfect timing for us. Before Mom arrived, Claire had been sick and had become especially clingy to me. Although this was good in terms of attachment, it also meant that she did not want to play independently; she wanted to be in my arms at all times. If anyone else tried to hold her (Paul or his mom when they were here), she would only settle in with them if I left the room so that she'd sort of forget about me. If I returned to the room, she'd cry and reach out for me. Now, Claire is comfortable playing independently or with someone else and is fine when I leave and re-enter the room; she just always keep her eyes out for where I am.

Our next out-of-town visitors are my sister Stephanie and my niece Sonia. They'll be arriving on Thursday. I'm so excited to see them and for them to meet Claire. In the meantime, we still have the pleasure of Stu's company (until April 1st when he moves into his own place here in Edmonton).

After Mom left yesterday, we went to visit our friends Michelle and Doug and their kids Amanda, Braden and Dan. They were really excited to see Claire, and Claire had a great time playing with Mandy and Braden; they were really great with her. Thanks Mandy and Braden for entertaining Claire!

Here are a couple of pics of our visit.

2 comments:

Karla said...

So nice to keep in touch with your news. Will we see you Fri? Seems maybe not...
will look forward to AnnaLeisa and Claire meeting.

In dueling hairdos!
K

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.