Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ava!

Today, Claire's friend Ava turned one year old and we were thrilled to be invited to her birthday party. (We travelled with Ava's parents, Beth and James, as well as their daughter Helena, to China to meet Ava and Claire.) Here's a photo of Ava and Claire celebrating Ava's happy day.


Claire's pigtail hairdo was my little hairstyling experiment for the day. Paul and my brother Stu weren't very impressed with my efforts this morning. However, Paul changed his tune after he and I went to the hair salon today (he had his hair cut while I showed Claire off to my stylist and all her friends). All the girls loved Claire's pigtails (and kindly didn't mention the bumps and slightly off-kilter tails) so Paul started to think they were okay after all. I think Stu still
disapproves.

Anne: this hairdo is for you!





Grandma and Claire










5 comments:

Rae said...

I think her pigtails are adorable!

Rae

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

OMG!!! I wish I was there...seeing the girls together brings a tear to my eye. And I LOVE the piggies. I just told Marvin that if Claire has them, maybe Kennedy can have them too!!!

Shea said...

Claire looks great! I love the pigtails too. I wish Caia had enough hair to do that.

I'm glad you were able to celebrate with Ava. Caia misses her friends.

Gigglestuff said...

Love the pigtails Monica -- excellent job! I had a big fountain style pigtail in the middle/front part of my hair, to keep my bangs outta the way -- you can try that next time and see how she looks :) xo, Mar.

Paddy said...

Great Pigtails!
Maeve's hair isn't long enough yet for 'tails ... And must say we are envious that Claire can hang with Ava, you two can see Beth and James and Helena.

Wish we had one/some of the Nanchang gang living here in Waterloo.

Ciao for now,
Pat, Kath and Maeve!