Saturday, January 20, 2007

16 sleeps to go!

Today, we received parcels from Kelley and Paul, as well as Kelley's parents Elaine and Dennis who live in my hometown in Saskatchewan.

Kelley has already sent numerous gifts for Claire so I was very surprised to see yet another parcel from her! She and I are both scrapbookers, so she sent this notebook for me to jot down observations while we're in China so that I'm equipped with ideas when we return home. Check out that cute little photo of Claire on the cover!

We also buy each other rubber boot-themed gifts on a regular basis (it's a long story) so it was fitting that she sent these cute little boots for Claire.

When Kelley and I were young, I always admired the home-made care bears her mom, Elaine, crafted. When I mentioned this to Elaine a couple of years ago, she obviously made a mental note of this because about a month later, I received my very own bear! Much to my surprise, we received a parcel from Elaine and Dennis today that contained a bear for Claire, as well as a matching blanket. (Elaine must have been worried that I was too attached to my bear to share it with Claire!) Claire's bear is named Lacie Daisy and I know Claire will love her!

Thank you so much, Kelley, Paul, Elaine and Dennis!




Left: me with my own bear in October of 2005

Right: Lacie Daisy with matching blanket

1 comment:

Shea said...

I love that you and Claire both have a special bear! Claire's a lucky girl.

I can't wait to meet you and Claire. I hope Claire and Caihua will grow up knowing each other. In two weeks we'll be gathering in Beijing, ready to meet our girls. Amazing...

Shea