Monday, January 14, 2008

Day to day adventures

Until today, we've enjoyed great weather for the last little while, and Claire was thrilled to visit the playground again. We were joined there by Claire's Baba and Dido one day on the weekend and Claire had a blast.

Claire and Daddy on the merry-go-round:

Claire and Dido sharing a laugh:
And having fun on the slide:

Our bedtime routine is going fairly smoothly at the moment, thank God. When I put Claire in her crib, I rest on the floor next to Claire's crib until she's asleep. The other night, I heard more squirming than usual. I looked over, and this is what I saw:
Either I chose too warm a sleeper for Claire or she was trying to get in on the one-shoulder fashion trend of the moment.

Claire still loves her bathtime. Sometimes she pretends she is a kitty and crawls back and forth in the tub, while I hold my breath hoping that she doesn't slip. When Daddy is the lucky one to give Claire her bath, he often comments that he doesn't know how to wash such long hair. However, that doesn't stop him from giving her funny hairdos in the tub:

We talk to Claire often about China and her first several months there. It's hard to know how much she comprehends, but she repeats "Nina" and as you'll see in this short video clip, will happily point to the country on maps or globes around the house.


Claire can also find Canada on the globe but I forgot to ask her to do so during this video - oops!

4 comments:

Shea said...

Love the bath hairdo! I like the fashion-statement sleeper too. Claire has impressive map skills. I think I see a geography teacher in the making!

Kim said...

Claire is sooo adorable..
She is the smartest little girl..
Love the hair in the bath tub and the fashion trend is GREAT..
Have a Great Week..

Rae said...

I love all the pix as usual but I'm amazed at her geographical skills! What a smart girl! And so adorably cute, too.

Beth said...

Ok, all the rest of you guys get parents of the year...my poor neglected girl knows no facts, no colours, no letters...I guess she'll just have to go the pro sports route! Or perhaps Mrs. Bell our K teacher can bring her up to speed when she gets there! I love the genuine smile on Claire with Dido. We luv ya Claire!