Thursday, January 18, 2007

A baby shower!

On my last day of work (January 17), my work friends / colleagues held a baby shower for me. It was amazing - they really thought of everything. The room was decorated with helium balloons and super-cute pink decorations on every available surface. They also had a panda bear cake!

The most amazing thing, though, was the obvious kindness and big-heartedness from everyone there. I work with incredible people. With a touching introduction from one of my first colleagues and friends at the office (a guy - how progressive is that at a baby shower?!) to all the people who came to wish us well, to my colleagues taking pictures for my scrapbooks, to another colleague taking detailed notes of presents for thank you notes, I was just overwhelmed. And that was before I even saw all the gifts! Everyone was insanely generous, as you can see from the picture I've posted. In addition to these gifts, we also received two very generous gift cards which I will immensely enjoy using.

To anyone at the office reading this post, thank you so much; I can't express how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness and friendship.

No comments: