Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The time has come to say goodbye ...

After nearly 2 years, more than 200 posts and a lot of thought, Paul and I have decided to bring e-Claire to a close. Our reason is simple: it's time for Claire's life to be private. While I'll always share photos and stories of Claire with family and friends, we feel it's time to do this is a more private manner than the Web.

A big factor in making this decision is that I tend to be a frequent blogger, sharing a lot of information and many photos. I do so partly because I'm turning these posts into books and I'd like the books to be as "complete" as I can imagine. However, as Claire grows older, it seems less appropriate to share this in a public forum. We contemplated simply posting to our blog less often or with less information but I know I'd then want to tell the full story or make additional entries elsewhere, and as a result, I'd be managing two entities which is too much for me. I also know that if I were to try to do both - a blog and a private book - one or both things would be incomplete or disjointed. To my orderly self, that would be unacceptable.

It was never my intention to even blog as long as I have; I found, however, that I really enjoyed it and that it was less time-consuming for me than the traditional scrapbooking I used to do. I also really appreciated that blogging enabled family and friends to feel as if they really know Claire even if they do not see her very often in person. And on a selfish note, I came to love the interaction I had through blogging with our travel mates, family and friends. For someone who loved the social aspect of working in an office, I think I would have really missed work and felt isolated if I did not have our blog and those of our friends to follow. You all truly helped me in my transition to a stay-at-home mom.

For our friends and travel mates who continue to blog, please know that we fully support - and LOVE - your continued blogging. Our decision to cease posting on e-Claire is based on our own circumstances and, as afore-mentioned, my obsessive-compulsive blogging tendencies.

While I still have a voice on Blogger, I want to thank everyone who has visited e-Claire, either as a regular or as a once-in-a-while observer. We very much appreciate your friendship, support and love for our daughter. All the best,

Monica, Paul and Claire

10 comments:

Kim said...

I am sooo sad... I truly have enjoyed every post.. but I also understand.. Claire is sooo beautiful..
and I can not wait to see her new brother or sister one day..
HUGS to you..

Shea said...

I`ll miss your posts, Monica! But I understand your decision. I know you`ll always give us updates about Claire and your family. Thanks for sharing your lives through your blog.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, I miss you already! I know we will still keep in touch via e-mail...

Kennedy and Claire are forever linked as Xinyu girls and even closer as (foster) sisters.

We cannot wait to see you all again, we know we will. Best wishes with your next journey!

All our love
The Clows

Rae said...

What can I say? We'll miss your posts soooo much!

It's been a joy to watch Claire grow and flourish over the past months. We can't thank you enough for sharing her life, and yours, with us through her blog. We're counting on email updates and tons of photos though, so we don't suffer through Claire withdrawal!

Love,
Rae, Girard and Bryn

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww, I must admit I will miss the updates too. It has been a genuine pleasure watching all her milestone accomplishments online. Thank you for sharing so much with us. Love to you, Marlene & Geoff. xoxo

Kath said...

Thank you for sharing Claire and your family with us! You and Shea are definitely the most dedicated bloggers in our little group. We will miss your posts but promise to stay in touch via email. We want to see lots of those beautiful photos that you take!

Big hugs and kisses,
Kath, Pat and Maeve

SKC said...

I've been a lurker, Monica, and really loved your blog. Sorry to see it go, but your decision is totally understandable.

All our love to Claire - she's getting to be such a big girl! They grow up too fast, don't they?!

Sonya

Beth said...

OHH... so sad to see you go (from the computer world anyway). We are glad that we get to see you in person but also enjoyed reading and seeing your cutie face online. We'll just have to get together more often to hear all the news.
Hugs
Beth

Karla said...

WE have loved your blog and just now read your good bye note...
lucky us who do get to see you in person...
our blog has slowed down also but alas not closed as of yet but I share your thoughts.....
see you soon
Karla and AnnaLeisa

Heather Yip Art said...

Dear Blogger just came across your site as I was looking for baby skates for my daughter, briefly read your story and found it very heartwarming, made me especially thankful to have my own little one. God Bless!!