Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy outside, crazy inside

We experienced bizarre winter weather this week. Before last Sunday, all of our snow was completely gone. And then between Sunday and Thursday, somewhere between 25 and 30 cm of snow fell. Arghhh!! Just when we thought Spring had truly arrived! This sad photo of some fun summer stuff buried in snow was taken on April 23!With the awful weather, we stayed home most of the week. I definitely suffered from cabin fever but I don't think Claire did. She continued to find ways to amuse herself.
Thankfully, Kitsya doesn't seem to mind when Claire plays with her tent. It appears they have amicably agreed to share each other's tents.

All of Claire's birthday toys, play clothes and books got a great workout this week. Although late April is a terrible time for a snow storm, at least we had new stuff to play with!

On several occasions, Claire made her own fun by jumping and dancing in her crib. I captured some of her antics in the next two photos.

Another past-time during our time in captivity was to practice various facial expressions (happy, sad, mad, surprised, etc.). This is Claire's surprised look. I keep trying to get her to have an open "o" for a mouth but for some reason, she always sticks her tongue there!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm lovin' that one with the great ballet move in the crib! I so love seeing her as the crazy girl she seems at home! Too cute. Again, as we'll say a million times, she looks so grown up!

Rae said...

Holy cow, you guys really had a lot of snow! I think this has been one of the longest winters ever. :)

I love the pix of Claire with Kitsya's tent! How nice of Kitsya to share her stuff with Claire. :)

I agree with Beth, Claire sure looks grown up, especially with her "surprised" look. My gosh, they're all growing up too fast...

Kim said...

I can not believe you have snow.. that is crazy..
We are suppose to be at 100 tomorrow..
LOVE the pictures of Claire.. she is soooo adorable.. and full of life..
Have a Great Week..

Shea said...

She does look grown up in that last photo! I love the little leg flip in the crib photo.

I hope most of the snow has melted by today. What crazy weather. I agree, once the deck furniture comes out we should not be seeing snow!!