Saturday, December 29, 2007

Xinyu sisters at Christmas

A highlight of any trip to Saskatoon is to visit there with two of Claire's Xinyu sisters and their families. Our travel-mate Shea graciously invited Paul, Claire and I, as well as another family, Rae, Girard and Bryn, to her home for coffee one morning. We were also thrilled to see Shea's mom, Darlene, who had travelled with Shea to China. Darlene was so kind as to take many, many pics of us, hoping for at least one good shot. This one is the best from my camera.

We had a tough time getting all three girls to look at the camera at the same time for the following photos. Only Bryn was willing to share some smiles with us. In the above shots, please pardon my faux-pas of forgetting to put Claire's special panties on her to match her dress. I completely forgot until I saw these photos!

Alas, our visit couldn't last all day and we had to say our goodbyes. The girls all exchanged smooches (none of which I captured very well on camera). The funniest smoocher was Caia, because she'd approach you for a kiss and would very quickly kiss the air in front of you and then move away to the next recipient. Paul and Claire are saying farewell in the photo below to Rae and Bryn.

Shea, thank you so much for hosting our visit yet again, and thank you to both families for accommodating our schedule. We had a wonderful time with you!

5 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh, my heart is melting. My heart always does a flip-flop when I see you all together...I can't help but feel sad that we don't live closer :( Beautiful picture though.

Monica, I love all you posts from the holidays. Claire is such a doll. She's beautiful in every way. And I must say you and Paul both are so photogenic. You always look like you're the happiest people in the world (probably are with little Claire around).

So nice that you could spend a week of the holidays with family. That's what it's all about.

Happy New Year.
Missing you as always,
Carolyn

Shea said...

What a great morning! Thanks so much for making time for us. Caia is blessed to reunite with some of her Xinyu sisters, and it's funny to see their interactions change as they get older.

I still find it hard to believe that we first talked just over a year ago, Monica. It seems like we've been friends for much longer than that. I'm grateful for your friendship.

We look forward to the next visit!!

Rae said...

Our visit was one of the highlights of our Christmas week! It was so great to see you guys again and we loved watching all three girls together.

I'll be the first to comment on how big Bryn looks compared to Claire and Caia, especially Claire. It's such fun to look at them side by side. We can't wait until your next visit, thanks for taking time away from your family to visit with us.

Kim said...

How fun...
Love the pictures of all the girls...
They are all sooo pretty...

Beth said...

Love it , love it, love it...although I'm like Carolyn, my heart jumps a little to see you all together. When I showed my friend Lorna this yesterday, she nearly dropped over, she thought Bryn looked so much like Ava in those pics!
They are cuties.