Saturday, September 22, 2007

Two monkeys at the zoo

Claire and I met Ava and Beth yesterday at the zoo for a lovely morning together. Between Ava and Beth's many camping trips and our own little vacation, we hadn't seen each other for quite some time.

Claire was mellow as usual, while Ava was very interactive shall we say! Ava is one wild child, running down hills at full speed, dismounting backwards off benches, and taking a special interest in Claire's hair. As usual, it was wonderful to see the two girls together, each with their own unique and wonderful personalities.
I also really appreciated catching up with Beth. I find that there is always so much to talk about, and that at times, we have to remember to keep an eye on Claire and Ava!

A big thanks to Beth for the beautiful photos she took at the zoo. She has such a great eye for composition and her camera is much better than mine! The group shot and the close-ups of the girls are Beth's. I added my own, the full-length shot, because I think it's cute to see the height difference between Claire and Ava.

6 comments:

Shea said...

What a pretty picture of the moms and their girls! That last picture is funny because you don't realize height differences until you put them side-by-side.

I enjoy seeing photos of "our" girls together. I love hearing about how they're interacting as they get older. Thanks for sharing.

Rae said...

What great photos. It seems like forever since we've seen a picture of Ava, thanks for sharing these!
The difference in size is amazing, especially since they aren't that far apart in age. And I can't believe how long Ava's hair is!

I see fall has hit your fair city, too. The leaves are changing rapidly here, I guess our first summer with our girls is over. Look out snowbanks, here we come!

Kath said...

It looks like all the girls (little ones and big ones) had a fun time. I wish we were all close together so that all the girls could spend time together. I guess we'll have to keep doing it virtually.

Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

Thanks for posting Monica. James is trying to fix our blog as we speak. He's home safe and sound. Boy was Ava glad.
It was a very fun morning. What Monica so nicely left out was that the two of us had to play bodyguard for Claire to protect her from the rather aggresive activities of Ava! She needs someone who will put her in her place. I'm hoping it's just a toddler thing, and not a permanent personality trait:) When Claire learns to say more perhaps she'll give er an earful.
I always think it's too bad we can't all have fun together like Kathleen says.

Kim said...

Love the pictures..
Both of the girls are adorable..
Looks like it was very nice out and you had a Great Time..
Take care
Have a Great Weekend
Kim

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Isn't it awesome to have others from our trip nearby? We spent some time with Roshandra and family yesterday. She's so smart and can say so much.

Love the pics of Claire and Ava together. AND the moms together too. I'm with Kathleen...wish we were all closer (I know, I keep saying that). Anyone else interested in taking a trip to PEI next summer? Monica? Kathleen? Beth? Shea? Rae and Girard are already planning on it. How much fun would it be to have a reunion?