Thursday, August 23, 2007

A letter of apology to Claire regarding a bad haircut

Dear Claire,

Let me begin this letter by saying I think you are undeniably beautiful. Stunningly beautiful. Nothing can mar your beauty; you could wear a paper bag dress without combing your hair in the morning and still look gorgeous.

With these assurances out of the way, I can now move on to the matter at hand: the bang trim you received today. While your short, awkwardly straight bangs do not take away from your beauty, they are not up to your natural beauty standards. For this I apologize deeply. I also regret that I was lazy; I should have booked an appointment with my stylist downtown like last time. That convenient place in the mall today just looked so promising!

I know bad haircuts are inevitable in life but I was hoping we could put that pain off for at least a few years. Now that we've taken the plunge, though, perhaps it won't hurt so much (for me, that is; you don't seem to notice) the next time. Again, I'm sorry.

Love Mom


See? Still beautiful! (But I really am sorry about those bangs!)




With a barrette, things are much better!

6 comments:

Rae said...

Claire could be completely bald and still beautiful!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

This reminds me of something my friend (who has a daughter born in China) told me.

She said that people with such straight hair (like many asian people), do not cut their bangs straight across, like we might do. In order for the hair to fall on the forehead and not look crooked, it needs to be cut in a certain way. She showed me what she meant, but I don't know how to explain it. It almost looked like little v-shaped cuts. Perhaps this technique applies to anyone with very straight hair.

This was all news to me, but interesting, I thought. Anyone else hear of this? Maybe it's one person's take on it, I don't know.

And ofcourse Claire is beautiful as always. Love the barrette in her hair!

Monica said...

The last time Claire's bangs were trimmed, my stylist used the method you described, Carolyn. It prevents a straight edge from looking too harshly straight. I think it applies to all straight hair but I'm not sure.

Kim said...

She is adorable no matter what...
It is okay mommy..
It only happened once..
Take care
Kim

Beth said...

We think she's cute any way she looks. We have the straight bangs too, you get used to it!

Shea said...

The good thing about hair is it grows quickly! In the meantime, I love the barrette look. At least her bangs are long enough for that. I still think she looks adorable.